Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wonderland

A Journal entry from October 7, 2003

I would swear, sometimes,, that I’m living in Wonderland. One must question one’s sanity or reality (or substance use?) when a little girl dressed as a princess is crawling on her hands and knees pretending to be a horse and pushing a stuffed white rabbit, which is wrapped in a dish towel and sitting in a stroller, across the floor with her forehead.

Then there is the little boy who says he’s “Blue Spirit” and neighs when he’s not babbling sing-song nonsense to himself or laughing rather maniacally.

We have, of course, the Cheshire Cat—two, actually. One of them begins howling deep in his throat every evening when the house goes quiet. And when I yell at him to “can it!” the little horse princess calls out from her bed, “No, Mama! He has do to that to scare away all the monsters!”

With any luck, I’ll come across a cupcake labeled “eat me” and I’ll take a bite and find myself on a marvelous adventure. Then again, isn’t my life already a marvelous adventure?

1 comment:

  1. Amen to your last line. AND, look at all of those beautiful entries you racked up in Jan - GO YOU!!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete