Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Wacky Dream

Another cop-out today. I figure in light of yesterday's entry, I'd include the write-up of my dream from the morning of September 11th, 2001 just 'cuz it's wicked creepy. Enjoy!

--RM

-------------------

I woke up on the morning of September 11th, 2001 and said to my husband, "I had the weirdest dream! George W. Bush was in it. I don't think I've dreamt about a political figure in my life." I proceeded to tell him the following dream:

I was standing on the deck of the Titanic. I think I knew it was the Titanic because it was a visual image straight out of the James Cameron movie. It was late evening and the sky was purple-black and cloudy. Next to me stood President George W. Bush. We were aware of each other in a casual way. I didn't feel as if I were working for him, more that we just happened to have run into one another by coincidence.

In front of the President was a radar screen, the large, round display half-lit as the straight line in the middle went around. (Ok, so, my technical knowledge of radar is nil. If you know the right terminology, please don't be shy about telling me). He was looking hard at the screen with a neutral expression.

Curious, I leaned toward him so I could see the screen. Right away, I gasped. I could see clearly that there were obstacles--ice bergs--all over the screen! I stepped back and turned to Mr. Bush.

"Mr. President,"I said with alarm, "we're going to hit an ice berg!"

The President regarded me blankly, as if to say "What are you talking about?" But he just said, "I don't see anything. There are no ice bergs."

I was incredulous and started to feel a little panicked. "But, Sir," I insisted, "don't you see them? They're all over the screen!"

Mr. Bush looked back at the screen for a time. I could see in his face that he honestly did not see anything on the radar screen to cause any alarm. I thought maybe I was nuts, so I leaned back in to look again.

No. It was very clear that we were surrounded by large, jagged ice bergs and that at any moment, we were going to hit one. I tried again. "With respect, Mr. President," I said, "please look again. We are in imminent danger."

The President turned back to the radar screen and, once again, showed no reaction or any indication that he could see anything amiss. My feeling of panic began to rise. How could I make him see what was going to happen?

Just then, there was a horrible sound of squealing, tearing metal and the world lurched and I woke up.

Once I had shared the dream with Dan, I forgot all about it. About an hour later, I heard NPR report on the first plane crashing into the Twin Towers. No one knew what was going on yet. It wasn't until Dan was watching some news coverage from his own office that he remembered my dream and called me, feeling a little sick. Who knows why I had the dream. It wasn't as if I could have done anything with the information. I figure I probably just picked up on whatever sinister energy was floating around the world that morning. My brother said he wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people had similar dreams then. Let me know if you experienced anything like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment