Monday, November 5, 2007

Re-telling the Story (AGAIN!)

I have to write yet another Sunday School Christmas Program. At first I wondered how many times you can tell the story of Jesus' birth without the congregation falling into a collective snore. So I re-read the beginnings of Matthew, Luke and John. Silly me. As with all truly great literature, each time I read the Bible I find something new and beautiful within the oh-so-familiar words. In particular this morning I was struck by the rich imagery of John's introduction and at the moment I am trying to get my brain around how young and not-so-young children might bring this imagery to life for the congregation within the context of the traditional nativity they love to act out. Off I go! Rehearsals start next Sunday!

Oh, and by the way: I JUST SAW SNOW!!!!!!! Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment